Friday, October 26, 2012

Peppermint Patty Cake

My eldest daughter turned double digits this October.  I can't understand where the time has gone.  Her favorite food is the Homemade Peppermint Patties that I make, usually around Christmas time.  (Click here to see our "stocked" recipe!)  I decided to take the Peppermint Patty filling and use it as the filling in her layered chocolate cake.  One recipe of the filling was just about perfect to layer into a 9" cake.  It was DELICIOUS! 

I always try to sift in the powdered sugar into any recipe I am making.  It always turns out better without lumps!
After the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract are mixed well, I sprayed a 9" pan with Pam and pressed in the mixture to match the shape of the cake.
I layered the mixture onto the bottom layer of cake and then trimmed off the edges.
I topped it with the other 9" layer of cake and frosted the whole thing with a boiled chocolate frosting.  YUM!
It was all about the peace signs and zebra print this year.  The zebra print came courtesy of Wilton's Sugar Sheets.  Super easy to use, tasty, and really cute.  Happy Birthday Lexie!

No comments:

Post a Comment