Thursday, September 27, 2012

My two new favorite cleaning supplies!

Sometimes your new must have products are already in your home, just being used for different purposes.  My two new favorite cleaning supplies are not found in the "cleaning supply" aisle, but in the baking aisle!

Baking Soda:  I know that this has been used for a long time for many different functions, but I think it is absolutely the best value scouring product you can use.  It not only takes the crusty stuff off of pots and pans, but it works wonders on those brown stains on your glass baking ware.  Best part is, is that you use it to cook with, so it is a cleaning product without all of the toxic chemicals.  Mix with just a bit of water to make a paste and scrub away.  


Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil:  It is counter intuitive, but it completely works...the only way to really cut oil based products is to use...more oil!  So when you have that greasy grime on the tops of your cupboards, or on the edges of your stove, start by rubbing some oil on it.  It loosens the caked on stuff enough to then wash it away in a hurry.  Same goes for getting oil based paint on your hands.  Use a little olive oil, and it comes off with much less elbow grease!


Happy Cleaning (total oxymoron...but worth a shot!)  :)

1 comment:

  1. Baking soda was my best buddy in cleaning my house when I was pregnant. As a precaution, I kept myself away from any products with high chemical content. My friend suggested this method to me, and from then on, it always has a place in my cleaning cupboard. It is the best alternative cleaning product if you are sensitive or allergic to cleaning products with high chemical content. +Skylar Cox

    ReplyDelete