Thursday, July 12, 2012

Olive Tapenade

The great olive debate.  There is absolutely no middle ground, that I have found, when discussing olives.  They are either something you love or hate.  I happen to LOVE olives, always have.  I was that weird kid though that thought spinach was delicious and could have eaten beets right out of the can.  That being said, I love this olive dip.  I think this is delicious, and especially love that something with this depth of flavor can be made from items right off of the Stocked list.  I love this recipe, also, because it was a tricky one to come up with.  I was struggling to find a substitute for capers off of the Stocked list.  One day I was watching Lidia's Italian on PBS, and she mentioned that capers had an almondy flavor to them.  The rest is history.  I hope you olive lovers enjoy, and I challenge the non-olive population to give it a try.  It just might surprise you!



  • 1/4 C almonds
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 1 C pitted green or kalamata olives
  • 1 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 C olive oil
  • 1 T herbes de Provence
  • 1/4 t pepper
  1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until a paste forms.
  2. Serve with crackers, carrot sticks, pita chips, or as a pizza sauce.

Click here to print the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment