Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kitchen Tool Favorites

Obviously we love a stocked pantry, fridge, and freezer!  What we also love though is having the right kitchen tools on hand to make our "Stocked" recipes.  When I've been out at cooking demos, every once in awhile I am asked about a kitchen tool I am using, so I though I would list a few that I can't live without.


This is such an effective way to get juice out of citrus fruits.  It is easy to store and very easy to clean!  Best of all, at $3.95, it is super affordable.

Fine mesh strainers like this one are so amazingly useful in the kitchen.  I use mine for everything from sifting together dry baking ingredients to rinsing and draining beans.  I really like the ones that have a larger lip on the opposite end of the handle so that it can sit on top of a bowl.  Also, I prefer plastic over wooden, because it is cheaper and dishwasher safe.  This is a OXO brand, which has proved to me to be a reasonably priced quality brand.  This strainer runs $16.79 at Target.com.



This is a great tool to have in your toolbox.  The Microplane is perfect for zesting citrus, grating whole nutmeg and chocolate, and mincing garlic and onions.  It is one of those tools that you didn't know you needed it until you have it, but with its reasonable price, it is worth the purchase.  This Mircroplane runs $14.95.




No comments:

Post a Comment